Football Door Hanger
By: Amanda Formaro
What a great way to greet guests! Hang this fun football door hanger on your front door to let everyone know that you are fans. Decorate in your team colors.
What you'll need:
- foam door hanger
- football foam stamp
- acrylic paint in your team colors
- foam sticker letters
- permanent marker
- football-themed scrapbook stickers
How to make it:
- Pick a door hanger in your team colors (or cut one out from a sheet of craft foam). Choose your paint color in the second team color. For example, we chose the Chicago Bears. Our door hanger is orange and paint is dark blue.
- Paint foam stamp with acrylic paint and press onto the door hanger. Allow to dry. Repeat on the other side.
- Use foam stickers to write "Game Day" on one side of the door hanger (as pictured).
- Use a football helmet sticker in the center of the words "Game Day". We used football cleat stickers underneath our letters.
- On the other side, using a permanent marker, write the words "Do Not Disturb" at the top and "Game in Progress" at the bottom. Decorate with mini football stickers if desired.
- Hang on your door. Go team!
- If you can't find foam sticker letters, use regular foam letters and glue in place with white craft glue.
- Be sure to protect your work surface with newspaper. Remove paint as soon as children are finished to avoid any accidental spills.
- Door hangers come in a variety of colors and can be found at craft supply and discount department stores.