Keep Score Chalkboard
By: Amanda Formaro
Is game day a big deal in your house? Why not make this fun chalkboard for the football fan in your home! It can be used to keep score, write down plays, keep track of multiple games, or even just jot down the menu if you're having a party.
What you'll need:
- wooden framed chalkboard
- acrylic paint in your favorite team colors
- Wood letters to spell out your team's name
- football stickers
- hot glue gun
- acrylic sealer spray
How to make it:
- Look at the two team colors. Decide which you will use for the letters and which for the frame. In our Chicago Bear chalkboard, we painted the frame navy blue and our letters orange.
- Before painting, tape the inside edges of the chalkboard near the frame to protect the chalkboard.
- Paint wooden border of chalkboard, let dry, then paint on a second coat. Set aside to dry.
- Paint wooden letters in other color choice. Let dry and repeat with a second coat. Set aside to dry.
- Decorate chalkboard with football-themed stickers.
- Spray wooden frame with acrylic sealer spray and let dry.
- Spray letters with sealer spray and let dry.
- Hot glue letters onto chalkboard frame, leaving enough room for writing on the chalkboard itself.
- Scrapbook stickers and embellishments can be found at craft supply stores and discount department stores. You can find them in just about any theme!
- Wooden letters are available at discount department stores, but the supply is larger at craft stores. You can find an even bigger selection by searching the internet. Letters come in a variety of sizes and shapes.
- Use the chalkboard for keeping score of various games going on at the same time, for jotting down plays like the commentators do, or just for writing down fun messages to the game watchers.