Fork Wind Chime
Parental supervision is recommended
Every house has some odd forks kicking around that don't belong to any set of cutlery and this wind chime craft is the perfect way for kids to have some summertime fun with them. It's a great idea for Earth Day, too.
What you'll need:
- Newspapers (to pad work area)
- Forks (old ones)
- Pole (2 feet long)
- Crepe paper (3 feet long)
- Thick string (25 centimeters/10 inch long lengths)
- Strong craft glue
How to make it:
- Spread several layers of newspaper on work area.
- Tap the teeth of the forks to flatten them down a little. (This will improve its sound quality.)
- Glue two forks together at a time to the string using just a drop of glue.
- Glue the crepe paper to the pole.
- Glue the string, with forks attached, to the pole.
- Let it dry for about 20 minutes or more. Then hang and enjoy!