Chinese Fortune Cookie Decoration
Parental supervision is recommended
What you'll need:
- Tan felt
- Yogurt lid (or similar size)
- Black marker
- Low-temp glue gun
- Thin strip white paper
- Black pen
- Water in a jar (in case of burns!)
How to make it:
- Write a good fortune on the piece of paper with the pen. An example could be: You will find peace and happiness. (Note: Only the ends of the paper will show)
- Trace around lid on felt with black marker. Cut out.
- Fold felt in half and crease by pushing down with finger. Open felt.
- Put a continuous line of glue around the outside edge of the tan circle.
- Immediately lay the white strip of paper across the felt circle to one side of the crease, be sure to let the paper stick out on both ends. (see photo 1)
- Immediately fold the felt over and press with fingers until glue sets.
- Push the felt in the middle of the folded area (see photo 2) to make the felt puff up. Then add some glue in the middle where the felt will meet when pushed together.
- Push the ends toward each other and hold until glue sets.