By: Megan Litwin
Difficulty: Very Easy
Age: 5 and up
Won't Dad be surprised to find a note from his child in his post-crab-rangoon fortune cookie?
What you'll need:
- 1 (8 1/2-by-11-inch) sheet of printer paper
- Markers, crayons, or colored pencils
- 10 to 15 fortune cookies
How to make it:
- Cut the paper into 10 (3-by-1-inch) strips. Use the markers, crayons, or colored pencils to write a message or draw a picture on each of the strips.
- Microwave a cookie on high for 20 seconds. Check it, and if it's still stiff, microwave it again in 5- or 10-second increments until it's pliable but not too hot to handle. (Microwaves vary, so practice on a few cookies first.)
- Quickly open the cookie and remove the fortune. Slide the new fortune in, pinch the cookie back together, and let it harden for 30 seconds.
- Sample fortunes: "I'll have a playdate tomorrow", "Waffles and whipped cream for dinner", "Today is opposite day!"