Fun Craft Foam Ornaments
Difficulty: Very Easy
Parental supervision is recommended
Use craft foam and glitter to make these fun craft foam ornaments for your Christmas tree this holiday season. Quick to make and an easy activity for even young kids.
What you'll need:
- Red ribbon
- Green, silver, or gold glitter (it depends upon what you are making)
- Red craft foam (available at craft stores and dollar stores)
- Craft bells (if making a bell)
- White school glue (such as Elmer's)
How to make it:
- Cut foam into the shapes you would like. The ornament should be about 6-7 cm tall (2.36-2.75 inches), about the length of your forefinger and 3-4 cm wide (1.18-1.57 inches).
- Glue and sprinkle the glitter on the outline of the ornament, or wherever you would like. If making a wreath, glue and sprinkle the glitter all over. If making a stocking, glue and sprinkle the glitter on the heel, toe, and at the top. If making a present, glue and sprinkle the glitter to simulate ribbons across the package. If making a Santa hat, glue and sprinkle glitter in the white areas of the Santa hat.
- Let it dry for about a half-hour.
- If you are making a wreath, make a tiny bow out of red ribbon. If you are making a present, glue a bow where the glitter meets. If you are making a stocking, put a tiny hook of ribbon on one end.
- When your decorations have dried, glue a loop of ribbon on the back of them.
- Let it dry. Store them some place safe until you can hang them on your tree.