Funky Copper Heart Valentine’s Card
By: Claudine Casault
Age: 7 and up
Parental supervision is recommended
The recipient of this clever card will be sure to twist and shout with delight at your creativity.
Make sure to visit our main Valentine's Day page for even more fun including additonal handmade Valentine's Day cards, Valentine's Day crafts, recipes, printables, and more. Check out our slideshow of our favorite Valentine's cards.
What you'll need:
- White cardstock
- Copper wire
- Colored marble (small)
- Hot glue gun
- Purple and copper spray paint
- Heart stamp
- Stamp ink pad
- Wire cutters
How to make it:
Step 1: Card Pattern
Step 2: Card Stamps
- Cut out three small heart patterns with white cardstock
- Have an adult cut off three small to medium pieces of copper wire.
- Bend the wire into different spiral designs.
Step 3: Spray Paint Card and Heart
- Spray card with purple spray paint.
- Place heart cutouts and copper wire design on front of the card.
- Spray card with copper spray paint.
- Spray lightly over copper wire and heart patterns with purple spray paint. Wait until paint is dry.
- Repeat for the following four steps for the inside and back of card.
- Stamp front, inside and back of card with heart stamp.
- Repeat technique as above on large heart pattern cutout. Wait for paint to dry.
Step 4: Copper Wire
- Shape and curl a 15" piece of copper wire so it is wrapped around the large heart.
- Glue the large heart with wire on front of card with glue gun.
- Shape and curl a 5" piece of copper wire and attach to wire around heart.
- Wrap a small piece of copper wire around marble.
- Attach the wire and marble to bottom of 5" piece of curled wire and let dangle.
- Replace spray paint with design cardstock.
- Use spray paint it well ventilated areas, preferably outdoors. Have children wear protective eyewear like goggles as well as a smock and rubber gloves.
- Wire cutters should only be handled by adults.
- Wire ends are sharp! Adults can put pieces of masking or invisible tape at the tips to prevent the ends of the wire from scratching or poking children.
Claudine Casault is a craft developer living in Ontario, Canada.
• Two Peas in a Pod Card
• Hanging Heart Mobile Valentine's Day Card
• Victorian Valentine's Day Card
• Wire Heart Valentine's Day Card
• Favorite Valentine's Day Cards
• Homemade Valentine's Cards
• Valentine's Day
• Valentine's Day Crafts
• Valentine's Recipes
• Valentine's Romance