Future Voter Button
By: Amanda Formaro
Difficulty: Very Easy
Age: 5 and up
Parental supervision is recommended
This cute button is perfect for your little one when they tag along when you vote this Election Day! He or she will be styling with their very own button identifying them as a future voice!
What you'll need:
- Frozen juice can lid
- White acrylic paint
- Felt: red, white and blue
- Glitter star stickers
- Pin back
- White craft glue
- Black marker
How to make it:
- Place the juice can lid on to a piece of red felt. Trace the lid onto the felt and set aside.
- Paint the juice can lid with white acrylic paint and set aside to dry.
- Cut out the patterns, the larger piece from blue felt and the smaller piece from white felt.
- Glue the white felt cutout onto the blue felt cutout.
- Add another coat of white paint to the juice lid if needed and allow to dry.
- Take the red felt that you traced the lid onto and cut a scallop (wavy) design around the trace line.
- When juice lid is completely dry, glue it to the red scalloped felt.
- Glue the blue and white felt to the back of the red felt.
- Use a black marker to write “future voter!” on the juice lid.
- Decorate with star stickers.
- Glue a pin back to the back of the red felt and let dry.
- Voting is important and many young citizens don’t take part. Do your part to educate your child about the importance of voting.
- This pin would be perfect for a classroom exercise where children are learning about the importance of voting.
- Keep different colored felts on hand for fun projects.