Halloween Yard Crafts
Parental supervision is recommended
These Halloween yard crafts make an ideal craft for kids to help with the Halloween decorating. This is one of many great Halloween crafts to do this holiday.
What you'll need:
- Orange corrugated plastic (pumpkin)
- White corrugated plastic (ghost)
- Green corrugated plastic (stem of pumpkin)
- Yellow "Painters" paint marker
- Black "Painters" paint marker
- 4 wire hangers
- Wire cutters
- Orange electrical tape (pumpkin)
- White electrical tape (ghost)
- Scotch brand foam Mounting Tape
How to make it:
- For Pumpkin: Cut out a pumpkin shape from the orange corrugated plastic. Make sure you cut it so that the lines in the plastic are vertical.
- Cut out a stem from the green corrugated plastic and attach to the pumpkin with the mounting tape.
- For Ghost: Cut out the ghost shape from the white corrugated plastic. Make sure you cut it so that the lines in the plastic are vertical.
- Draw the faces onto the pumpkin and ghost with the paint markers. Use yellow and black for the pumpkin, use only black for the ghost.
- Cut the hooks off all four hangers with the wire cutters.
- Unfold and straighten the hangers.
- Using the pliers, fold down the top two inches of each straight wire to form a hook.
- Push two hangers down through each plastic decoration so they come out of the bottom and can be stuck into the ground.
- Secure the hangers on the back side with the electrical tape.