Gingerbread Face Cookies
By: Amanda Formaro
Age: 6 and up
Parental supervision is recommended
Make these adorable Christmas gingerbread people face cookies with your kids. Just line up the candies and let them have a decorating party!
What you'll need:
- Your favorite gingerbread cookie recipe or try ours!
- Candies for decoration such as gumdrops, nonpareils, sprinkles, decorator icing, M&M’s, Skittles, etc
How to make it:
- Make cookie dough and use large round cookie cutters or a drinking cup to create circles. Bake as directed and allow to cool off completely.
- Place different types of decorations into small bowls. We used Dots candy, spiced gumdrops, nonpareils, Skittles candies, and white tube decorator frosting (see image).
- Use decorator frosting to draw on rick rack (see image).
- To “glue” on eyes, cheeks and nose, dot some decorator frosting onto the cookie, then gently press the decoration on top of it.
- Cut gumdrops in half, use the top half for eyes and bottom half for cheeks.
- To make colorful hair, cover top of cookie with decorator icing them dip into nonpareils or sprinkles (see images).
- If you would like softer cookies, do not roll the dough as thin and bake for a few minutes less.
- If you have several children participating, be sure to set out enough bowls of decorations and place them within reach.
- This is a perfect photo opportunity! Be sure to have your camera ready when the children begin to decorate.