Gingerbread Man Cookie Card
By: Claudine Casault
Age: 6 and up
Parental supervision is recommended
Kids will love making this charming gingerbread man craft. The recipient will be thrilled to get a card that looks good enough to eat!
What you'll need:
- Bronze cardstock
- Pink cardstock
- White paper
- 1/4" colored ribbon
- 3-D pink & white fabric paint
- Double-sidded padded tape
- Fine white glitter
- Watered-down white craft glue (recommended: Mod Podge)
- Glue gun
- Glue stick
- Paper scissors
How to make it:
Step 1: Gingerbread Man Cookie Pattern
- Trace and cut out two card patterns on bronze cardstock. One will be used on the front half of the card, one will be used on the backside of the card.
- Trace and cut out two scalloped gingerbread men on pink cardstock. One will be used on the front half of the card, one will be used on the backside of the card.
- Trace and cut out eight scalloped trims on white paper.
- Trace and cut four circles on bronze cardstock.
Step 2: Gluing the Gingerbread Man Front and Backside
- With a glue stick, attach the bronze cardstock gingerbread man on top of the pink scalloped gingerbread man, leaving enough room around the sides to have the pink cardstock evenly shown beneath the bronze cardstock.
- Glue white scalloped trim on legs and arms using a glue stick.
- Repeat these steps for the second gingerbread man being used for the backside of the card.
- Set aside.
Step 3: Decorating the Front Side of the Gingerbread Man
- On the front of one of the gingerbread men, pipe all around the edge of gingerbread man and through the middle of all 4 white scalloped trims using pink 3-D fabric paint.
- Pipe eyes and mouth using 3-D white fabric paint.
- Pipe white dots evenly all around the edge of pink scalloped trim using 3-D white fabric paint.
- Pipe a white swirl on each cutout circle let dry.
- Pipe a pink swirl around white on each cutout circle and let dry.
- Place double- sided padded tape on back of swirled circles and place them in a verticle line down the center of card, right on top of the gingerman's belly.
Step 4: Ribbon Loop and Bow
- Cut a 8" piece of ribbon and glue one end to the inside of front of card, near the top of the head.
- Glue other end of ribbon to the inside of the back flap of the card, near the top of the head.
- Tie a bow with ribbon and glue the bow to the gingerbread man’s neck.
- Place a thin amount of watered-down glue on front and back of gingerbread man and sprinkle glitter on front body and back of card.
- It's optional if you'd like to decorate the back of the gingerbread man card.
Claudine Casault is a craft developer living in Ontario, Canada.