Glitter Glue Candle
By: Amanda Formaro
Difficulty: Very Easy
Age: 6 and up
This lovely candle makes a fun project for kids of all ages. Very few supplies are needed for this fun afternoon!
What you'll need:
- Glitter glue: green and gold
- Wax paper
- Pen or pencil
- Piece of paper
How to make it:
- Lay a piece of wax paper onto a flat work surface.
- Draw out a simple candle with a flame onto a piece of paper. Slide the paper underneath the wax paper.
- Use glitter glue squeeze bottles to draw out the green candle bottle and the gold flame.
- Allow to dry completely, overnight is best.
- When dry, carefully remove candle from the wax paper.
- If you find that some of the glitter glue has not dried on the back, simple return it to the wax paper, or if the front is dry and the back is not, turn it over to continue drying.
- A cookie sheet or cutting board makes a wonderful work surface for this project. Once you are done drawing your project you can pick the whole thing up and move it to a safe, out of the way place to dry!
- If you would like to hang your candle, have a grown up thread a needle with a piece of thread. Sew a hole through the middle part of the flame and tie off to make a loop hanger.
- Use different colored glitter glues to create different candles.
More Holiday Fun