Glitter Glue Votive Candleholder
Difficulty: Very Easy
Parental supervision is recommended
Make any occasion sparkle and glow with this glitter glue votive candleholder. Drawing the designs with sparkle glue pens gives kids lots of leeway for creativity with this Christmas craft.
What you'll need:
- Sparkle glue pens in red and green
- Waxed paper
- Baby food jar
- Votive candle
- Ribbon, optional
- Glue, optional
How to make it:
- Tear off some waxed paper and lay on work surface. Place jar on waxed paper.
- Using the red sparkle glue pen, make a tree using a "Z" type design directly on the jar. (See picture)
- Repeat using the green sparkle glue pen, making a tree next to the red.
- Repeat, alternating between red and green sparkle glue pens.
- Decorate the jar's threads with the sparkle glue pens. You could use a ribbon to tie at the top of the jar to hide the threads of the jar. Glue ribbon into place.
- Set upright on a clean area of the waxed paper to dry.
- Add a votive candle and give as a gift for your mother or someone else special to you.
See also: Make Your Own Gift Bags for creative ways to give this as a gift. Use Christmas wrapping paper, or butcher paper and rubber stamp Christmas designs on it.