Glittery Star of David
By: Amanda Formaro
Difficulty: Very Easy
Age: 4 and up
This pretty Jewish holiday symbol can be decorated in any color you choose then hung in the window or anywhere else you like.
What you'll need:
- White craft glue
- Wax paper
How to make it:
- Cut yarn into six equal lengths.
- Put some white craft glue into a small bowl or on a plate.
- Lay a piece of wax paper onto a flat work surface, slide pattern underneath the wax paper.
- Coat a piece of yarn in white glue by dipping it into the glue and using your fingers to coat the entire piece. The piece should be completely coated but not dripping.
- Lay glue coated yarn on to the wax paper, using the pattern underneath as a guide.
- Repeat steps 4 and 5 above for each piece of yarn, overlapping them to form the star, using the pattern underneath the wax paper as your guide.
- Allow to dry overnight or for several hours.
- When dry, carefully remove star from the wax paper.
- Dot glue onto the entire star and use your finger to spread it out evenly.
- Sprinkle with glitter or pour glitter onto a clean piece of wax paper and dip star into the glitter. Be sure entire surface of star is coated with glitter. Let dry completely.
- Repeat on the other side.
- To add a hanger, tie a piece of yarn through one of the star’s openings and make a loop.
- A cookie sheet or cutting board makes a wonderful work surface for this project. Once you are done overlapping the wet yarn piece you can pick the whole thing up and move it to a safe, out of the way place to dry!
- If you don’t want your hanger to show, use a piece of fishing line instead of yarn.
- Make several of these at once and use different colored glitters for a variety of pretty ornaments to hang.
More Holiday Fun