Glitzy Leaf Fan
By: Amanda Formaro
Difficulty: Very Easy
Age: 5 and up
Parental supervision is recommended
This fan is pretty enough for a princess and is in the shape of a leaf found in your own backyard!
What you'll need:
- Cardstock or thin cardboard
- Glitter glue in 3-4 colors
- Craft jewels
- Jumbo craft stick
- White craft glue
How to make it:
- Place leaf on photocopier and enlarge it to the size that you want it to be (see image).
- Cut out the copied leaf.
- Trace around the cut out leaf onto the cardboard and cut out (see image).
- Paint the jumbo craft stick with glitter glue and glue on a few jewels. Set aside to dry (see image).
- Paint the leaf with glitter glue, use various colors.
- Decorate the leaf with craft jewels and sequins. Let dry (see image).
- Glue the craft stick to the back of the leaf as the fan’s handle. Let dry.
- Pipe pink glitter glue around the edge of the leaf and let dry.
- Keep sequins on hand for fun projects, they are available in variety packs at local craft stores, usually in the sewing and notions department.
- Craft jewels come in all sizes and shapes, a variety of colors and you can buy small bags or large variety packs.
- Save the cardboard from the back of paper pads for projects such as these.