Age: 7 and up
Parental supervision is recommended
A little glow-in-the-dark paint turns an ordinary cap into a great camp accessory. Kids will think it's out-of-this-world.
What you'll need:
- Baseball cap
- Glow-in-the-dark paint
- Black permanent marker
- Glow-in-the-dark item (we used the kind that stick to the ceiling)
- Thread in contrasting color
How to make it:
- With the permanent marker, write the child's name on the cap.
- Using the permanent marker, add the "name" of number of your group, including Pack number. (Note: Hats do get lost!)
- Using the needle and thread, sew the glow-in-the-dark item on the hat.
- Using the glow-in-the-dark paint, paint stars or aliens on the hat.
- Sprinkle glitter on the paint while wet.
- Let dry.
- Give out to your Cub Scouts to wear anytime they leave the camp area.
- Have a fun and safe camping trip!