Golf Business Card Holder
Parental supervision is recommended
Shoot a hole in one with this golf-themed Popsicle stick business card holder. Change the sport and kids can create a whole new gift for Father's Day or Mother's Day.
What you'll need:
- 11 Popsicle sticks
- Green craft paint
- School glue
- 2 Wooden golf tees
- 1 Small white pom-pom
- Wax paper or plastic bag (to protect work surface)
How to make it:
- Lay out a piece of wax paper or recycle a plastic bag to protect your work surface. Note: Newspaper will stick to the project.
- Lay three Popsicle sticks flat next to each other side to side.
- Glue the three sticks together. This is the front side of the card holder.
- For the base of the business card holder, lay 2 Popsicle sticks flat next to each other and glue together in the same fashion as that of the front.
- For the back of the business card holder, lay 4 Popsicle sticks flat next to each other side to side, and also glue together.
- For the sides of the card holder, cut 1 and 1/4 inch off of the top and bottom of 2 Popsicle sticks.
- Lay 2 long edges together, side to side and glue together. (see photo)
- Repeat with other 2 ends for the other side of the card holder.
- Glue the front to the base at a right angle.
- Glue the back to the base also at a right angle. Now you should have a U-shaped figure.
- Glue the right and left sides to the base, front, and back of the card holder. Now you should have the actual card holder finished.
- After the glue has dried all the way, paint the whole thing with the green craft paint.
- Let the paint dry.
- After the card holder has dried, glue the golf tees and white pom-pom to the front of the card holder. You can glue the tees crossed over each other or just flat next to each other.
You may want to label the groups of popsicle sticks as you work. For example, after finishing steps 1 and 2, you could label the 3 popsicle sticks FRONT, so you can tell the pieces apart when you are assembling the whole business card holder.