Graduation Diploma Pin
By: Amanda Formaro
Difficulty: Very Easy
Age: 6 and up
Make a personalized diploma pin to wear at graduation. Change up the color of the background to match your school's colors.
Visit our Graduation Day page for more celebratory ideas.
What you'll need:
- 4" x 3" piece of yellow craft foam
- 2.5" x 5" strip of white paper
- 12" red ribbon
- Black puffy paint
- White craft glue
- Pin back
How to make it:
- Roll up the white strip of paper into a miniature diploma and secure with a dot of glue. Tie ribbon around the diploma, make a bow, trim the ends, and secure with glue. Set aside. (See photo.)
- Using the pattern, cut the oval out of yellow craft foam. (See photo.)
- Use black puffy paint to write name across the bottom of the oval. Set aside to dry. (See photo.)
- Glue the diploma to the top section of the oval and let dry. (See photo.)
- Glue pin back to the back of the oval and let dry.
- Instead of puffy paint, you can use a marker to avoid the long drying time.
- To dress the pin up even more, pipe a line of glitter glue around the border.
- After graduation, write the year on the back and save as a keepsake.