Parental supervision is recommended
Pumpkin-shaped gourds are transformed into centerpiece candleholders in this Halloween craft for kids.
What you'll need:
- Orange pumpkin gourds
- Yellow, orange and black candles
- Apple corer
- Florists' adhesive clay, optional
- Dried leaves or vines, as desired
How to make it:
- Break off the stalk from the gourds.
- Use an apple corer to make a bigger indentation in the top for a candle. Note: If the gourd is too hard to do this, get some florists' adhesive clay and use that to hold the candle in the top.
- Insert a candle.
- Make a centerpiece with several candleholder gourds and some of the ones (with nice stalks) that you saved.
- Scatter in some fall (dried) leaves or vines, whatever you can find. Use your imagination!
Purchase small pumpkin-shaped gourds. There are always lots available in the grocery stores at this time of year. Keep the ones with pretty stems to include without candles.