Halloween Stencling Images
Difficulty: Very Easy
Age: 5 and up
Parental supervision is recommended
Simple enough for 3- to 6 year-olds, this Halloween stencil craft will result in Halloween images that are perfect for decorating any room.
What you'll need:
- Pre-cut Halloween shapes (bats, pumpkins, cats, spiders)
- Orange or black construction paper
- Orange or black paint (should be opposite color of paper)
How to make it:
- Have the children take the pre-cut images and place them as they wish on the construction paper.
- Then using the sponges dipped in the color of paint opposite their paper, have them press around the entire cut out area. (This makes an image of the pattern they were painting.)
Quick and easy!
This project can also be used with autumn images and using different shaped leaves, as well as different colors on the same paper for each leaf. This variation would be geared toward the age group of five-years-old and up.
You can use spray paint (projects done with a fine mist look cool) but we found it better to use tempera. If you do decide to use a spray, however, make sure the bottle sie matches the size of the child.