By: Amanda Formaro
Age: 5 and up
Let your child's imagination run wild when making this fun storybook s/he can read to you!
Be sure to visit all of our other ghostly crafts, scary printables, fabulous costume ideas and these spook-tackular Halloween recipes! As well, explore our fall crafts, our great fall recipes and printable activities.
What you'll need:
- 2 sheets black construction paper
- Several sheets of white paper
- Acrylic paint in Halloween colors (orange, red, black, purple, etc)
- Halloween themed foam stamps
- Paint pens
- Three hole punch
- Paper hole reinforcements (optional)
How to make it:
- Have your child decorate each piece of paper using craft paint and foam stamps. Have them draw pictures for their storybook and write captions describing what's in the story. (See photo.)
- Have your child use crayons, markers, and paint pens to further decorate and embellish the pages. (See photo.)
- Then have your little artist decorate one of the black pieces of paper for the book cover.
- Place the story pages between the front and back covers. Punch holes in paper and tie with yarn to create your book.
- Foam stamps are available at your local craft supply store.
- Use paint pens, markers, stickers, crayons, or anything else you like to decorate your story.
- Instead of white for your ghosts, try using silver or light gray paint.