Hanging Heart Mobile Valentine’s Day Card
By: Claudine Casault
Age: 5 and up
Parental supervision is recommended
Sometimes it's a good thing if you're hung up on love! This fun heart-shaped mobile card doubles as a great bedroom or classroom decoration.
Make sure to visit our main Valentine's Day page for even more fun including additonal handmade Valentine's Day cards, Valentine's Day crafts, recipes, printables, and more. Also check out our slideshow of our favorite Valentine's cards.
What you'll need:
- Two types of design cardstock
- Thin wire
- Wire cutters
- Colored beads
How to make it:
Step 1: Card Pattern Cutouts
- Trace and cut out large heart pattern with two types of design cardstock. (We used a glittery red.)
- Trace and cut out small heart pattern with two types of design cardstock. (Here we used a red and white stripe.)
Step 2: Heart Cutouts
- Glue large heart cutouts together.
- Pierce two holes with a needle at center of large heart near top and bottom.
- Place the smaller hearts together and pierce a hole through both at the center near the top of the heart.
Step 3: Wire Loops
- Thread wire through hole at center near top of large heart.
- Twist and shape wire to make an interesting pattern. Thread beads onto wire at various points, and twist the wire to keep beads in place.
- When you have created a big enough loop, wrap one end of the wire around a pencil three time to create a curly swirl and have an adult cut the wire.
- Take the starting end of the wire and secure the end to the curly swirl, closing the loop.
- Repeat the last four steps by using another piece of wire to create a loop for the small heart.
- If you like, use another piece of wire to create a link between the loops of the large and small hearts.
- You can replace the wire for 1/8" ribbon.
- Wire cutters should only be handled by adults.
- Wire ends are sharp! Adults can put pieces of masking or invisible tape at the tips to prevent the ends of the wire from scratching or poking children.
Claudine Casault is a craft developer living in Ontario, Canada.
• Heart Lollipop Valentine’s Day Card
• Valentine Scroll Card
• Valentine's Day Cookies Card
• Beaded Love Card
• Favorite Valentine's Day Cards
• Homemade Valentine's Cards
• Valentine's Day
• Valentine's Day Crafts
• Valentine's Recipes
• Valentine's Romance
• Valentine’s Coloring Pages