Hatching Dinosaur Egg
By: Amanda Formaro
Difficulty: Very Easy
Age: 5 and up
Kids can go back in time by making their own baby dinosaur with an empty egg shell and some pom-poms!
What you'll need:
- Half of an empty egg shell or plastic egg
- 3" square of green felt
- Felt glue
- 24" piece of raffia, cut into one-inch pieces
- 1 cotton ball
- 1 large green pom-pom
- 2 medium wiggle eyes
- 2 medium green pom-poms
- 2" square piece of yellow felt
- 1" piece of black jewelry cord or yarn
How to make it:
- Gently wash out egg shell and let dry.
- Glue egg shell, open side up, to the green felt square. (See photo.)
- Glue pieces of raffia around the egg shell for the nest. (See photo.)
- Glue a cotton ball inside the egg shell, and then glue the large green pom-pom to the top of the cotton ball. (See photo.)
- Glue the two medium green pom-poms to the front of the large pom-pom, just inside the shells, for the hands/paws.
- Glue the wiggle eyes to the large pom-pom, positioning them on either side of the "head." (See photo.)
- Cut small triangles from the yellow felt and glue them down the back of the neck. (See photo.)
- Glue on a smiley face using black cord or yarn.
- Jewelry cord is available from your local craft supply store.
- Keep a supply of pom-poms and wiggle eyes on hand for fun projects!
- If you don't have raffia, use strips of brown construction paper.