Heart Lollipop Valentine’s Day Card
By: Claudine Casault
Age: 3 and up
Parental supervision is recommended
If you or someone you know is a sucker for love, the'll adore this heart on a stick-shaped Valentine's Day greeting.
Make sure to visit our main Valentine's Day page for even more fun including additonal handmade Valentine's Day cards, Valentine's Day crafts, recipes, printables, and more. Also check out our slideshow of our favorite Valentine's cards.
What you'll need:
- Pink colored glitter glue
- White cardstock
- 1 wooden skewer
- Colored strips of ribbon (2) 1/4" and (1) 1/8" wide
- Large plastic clear crystals
- Glue gun
- Heart-shaped polystyrene/craft foam
- White glue
How to make it:
Step 1: Card Template
- Fold white cardstock in half.
- Trace polystyrene heart onto cardstock.
- Cut out heart leaving a fold line at top of card. Make sure the card heart shape is small enough to fit nicely on the front of the polystyrene heart.
Step 2: Making the Heart
- Glue heart card to front of heart-shaped polystyrene using white glue.
- Cover the front and sides of heart shaped styrofoam with pink glitter glue.
- Dip styrofoam heart in a bowl of plastic clear crystals. Let it dry.
- Cover back of card with pink glitter glue.
- Dip again in clear plastic crystals. Let it dry.
Step 3: Lollipop Stick
- Twist and glue one piece of 1/4"x10" colored ribbon around stick.
- Twist and glue a second piece of 1/8"x10" colored ribbon around stick.
- Trim off excess ribbon.
- Pierce tip of skewer into bottom end of polystyrene heart.
- Glue a piece of 1/4"x 7"ribbon end to inside front bottom card.
- Glue a piece 1/8" x 7" ribbon end to the back inside bottom card.
- Tie both ribbons together.
- Cut a piece of 1/4"x 15" ribbon.
- Tie a bow around the base of heart.
- You can replace crystal glass with 3D fabric paint and design your own lollipop.
Claudine Casault is a craft developer living in Ontario, Canada.
• Valentine Scroll Card
• Victorian Valentine's Day Card
• Wire Heart Valentine's Day Card
• Valentine's Day Cookies Card
• Favorite Valentine's Day Cards
• Homemade Valentine's Cards
• Valentine's Day
• Valentine's Day Crafts
• Valentine's Recipes
• Valentine's Romance
• Valentine’s Coloring Pages