Heart Package Tie-Ons
By: Amanda Formaro
Difficulty: Very Easy
Parental supervision is recommended
Make these darling little package tie-ons. These are a gorgeous addition to any Valentine's Day gift. Simply run your bow through the loop and tie it on to the gift box. Use the back side of the tie-on to write your TO/FROM.
What you'll need:
- Small paper mache heart with loop
- Liquitex Basics Gesso (see Helpful hints for more info)
- Paint brush
- Acrylic paints in pastel colors
- Tulip fabric paint (optional)
How to make it:
- Paint heart with one coat of Liquitex Basics Gesso. Allow to dry completely.
- Paint heart with two coats of acrylic paint in the color of your choice. Let dry after each coat.
- Using the Tulip paint, write your "conversation" heart message on heart. Allow to dry overnight.
- Write "To/From" on the back of the heart with Tulip paint. Let dry.
- Attach to your package.
- Perfect supplies. Liquitex Basics Gesso can be found in craft supply stores in the artist supply area. This product is a medium that prevents the paint from cracking on paper mache items.
- Party decorations. Use larger paper mache hearts and hang as ornaments for your Valentine’s Day Party.
- Make a heart magnet or a lapel pin. For a different twist, cut the hanger string off, glue a magnet to the back, and hang it on the refrigerator. The smaller versions make cute lapel pins. Cut off the hanger string and hot glue a pin to the back.