Heart Photo Ornament
By: Amanda Formaro
Difficulty: Very Easy
Age: 6 and up
Have a few spare wallet-sized photos of your child lying around the house? Make good use of them this holiday season for a lovely photo ornament present in the shape of a heart.
What you'll need:
- Wooden heart
- School photo or snapshot
- White craft glue
How to make it:
- Place the wooden heart on top of the photo and position so it covers the part of the photo you want to use. Trace the shape of the heart onto the photo. (See photo.)
- Cut out the heart shape from, cutting inside the tracing line so it's slightly smaller than the actual wooden heart. (See photo.)
- Mix two parts glue with one part water, then paint the mixture onto the front of the wooden heart.
- Position the heart shaped photo onto the heart and paint some glue mixture over the edges of the photo. Allow to dry completely. (See photo.)
- Once dry, tie a loop in a piece of ribbon and glue it to the back of the heart for the hanger.
- Tie a small piece of ribbon into a bow and glue to the front of the ornament.
- To add some extra color, paint the wooden heart first and then continue with the project instructions.
- Add some shine to the ornament by piping some glitter glue around the border of the heart.