Ho Ho Ho Centerpiece
By: Amanda Formaro
Age: 7 and up
What a cute way to dress up your holiday table! Your friends and family will be brimming with compliments when they see this project.
What you'll need:
- 6 wooden dowels
- Red acrylic paint
- 1 sheet each white and green felt
- White craft glue
- Instant grab glue
- Holiday ribbon
- Flat glass marbles
- 6 glass jars
- 6 gold star sequins or stickers
- Red glitter glue
How to make it:
- Paint the dowels red and set aside to dry.
- Use the pattern to cut out 6 large white triangles and 6 smaller green triangles from the felt. (See photo.) Save the scraps.
- Glue the green triangles onto the white triangles. (See photo.)
- Turn the triangles over so that the white side is facing up. Use instant grab glue to attach the dowels to the back of the triangles. Cut 1 ½" wide strips from the white felt scraps, and glue over the top of the dowel. (See photo.)
- Glue a gold star to the top of each triangle, green felt side facing up.
- Use red glitter glue to add letters and let dry for several hours.
- Put some flat glass marbles into each jar, about an inch-high. Cut ribbon into 18" lengths. Coil ribbon and insert into jar. (See photo.) Place dowel in jar and add more flat marbles to hold the dowel steady.
- If you would like to shorten the time on this project, substitute felt sticker letters for the glitter glue.
- It is not necessary to paint the dowels. They can be left plain and will look just as nice.
- Felt is inexpensive and provides loads of fun; keep a good supply on hand for impromptu projects.