Homework Bulletin Board
By: Amanda Formaro
Difficulty: Very Easy
Age: 5 and up
Post reminders about homework assignments, classroom projects, field trips, special occasions and even write notes about school supplies. It's a great way to keep kids on track this school year!
What you'll need:
- Whiteboard / corkboard combination
- School-themed stickers
- Whiteboard marker
- Reward stickers
How to make it:
- Decorate the whiteboard and corkboard around the edges with fun, school-themed stickers. Let your child help decide where to place the stickers.
- Be sure to have a whiteboard marker nearby. You may want to tie a string or piece of yarn to the pen and attach it to the board so it doesn't get lost.
- Keep slips of paper in a drawer nearby or place supplies inside an envelope and tack it to the corkboard. Attaching a pen or pencil with yarn would be handy as well.
- Keep some reward stickers near the bulletin board to give to your kids when an assignment or project is completed.
- Use your board as a reminder for all sorts of things, including:
- Assignment due dates
- Field trip dates
- School supplies list
- Parent/teacher conferences
- Congratulatory announcements
- Library book reminders
- Different types and sizes of whiteboards and corkboards are available at craft supply and discount department stores. Don't forget to check if they come with the necessary items to hang the board on the wall before you buy.
- Whiteboard pens are available at any office supply or discount department store.
- Keep it colorful! Buy whiteboard markers in different colors, and consider assigning specific colors for different kids. Do the same with slips of paper and thumbtacks: use pink for Shannon, blue for Alex, and so on.