Personalized Locker Mirrors
By: Amanda Formaro
Age: 8 and up
Dress up your locker this school year with a fun and unique locker mirror. Personalize it with your first name, school team or nickname. It easily hangs on the inside of your locker door with magnets, so it's a cinch to take down at the end of the year too!
What you'll need:
- 12" x 18" sheet of craft foam
- Scrapbook sticker embellishments
- Foam letter stickers
- 5" round mirror (or smaller)
- White craft glue
- Cardboard or manila file folder
- 4 - 3/4" round ceramic craft magnets
- Gem-Tac (jewelry glue)
How to make it:
- Cut foam sheet in half. Trace the mirror onto the center of one half of the craft foam sheet and set aside the other half for later.
- Use scissors to trim a fun shape around the mirror tracing, leaving plenty of room for the frame. For the girl's mirror, simply cut random curves all the way around the edge. For the boy's mirror, cut a simple football shape.
- Cut a slit in the center of the traced circle. You'll want to cut out the opening for the mirror, but you'll need to leave a 1/2" amount of foam all the way around the inside of the circle tracing so that it overlaps the mirror when glued on top.
- Place the mirror onto a manila folder or cardboard. Trace mirror and cut around the tracing, leaving about a 1" border around the outside. Use white craft glue to attach the mirror to the cardboard or manila circle.
- Glue the cardboard and mirror to the second half of the craft foam sheet.
- Place your foam frame over the top of the mirror and position it in place. Use this as a guide to trim any pieces of the back foam sheet that may be visible from the front of the frame. Use white craft glue to attach the foam frame to the mirror and foam backing.
- Decorate frame with scrapbook stickers or embellishments.
- Personalize mirror by spelling out your name with foam alphabet stickers.
- Use Gem-Tac (or another strong adhesive) to attach the four magnets to the back of the foam. Position them directly behind the mirror for best support and let it dry completely.
- Hang in your locker!
- Gem-Tac is jewelry glue that can be purchased at any craft supply store.
- Check the scrapbook aisle for hundreds of different themes. You are sure to find embellishments that match your child's interests!
- The instructions call for a 5" round mirror which can be found at craft supply stores. We do not recommend mirrors any larger as they may be too heavy and too wide for locker doors.