Pretty Wrapped Headband
By: Amanda Formaro
Age: 7 and up
Headbands are a hot accessory this summer, so your little fashionista is sure to want one. Use your imagination to change the colors and pattern of this easy-to-make headband.
What you'll need:
- Embroidery floss in your favorite colors
- Plastic headband
- Hot glue gun
How to make it:
- Place a small dot of hot glue at one end of the headband on the inside. Place the starter end of your embroidery floss on the hot glue and start wrapping it tightly around the headband.
- If you want to change colors, snip the thread you’re using and then put a dab of hot glue to tack the new thread into place. To get the effect in our picture, double up with two colors.
- To add buttons, simply run the embroidery floss through the buttonholes and position the button on top of the headband. Then, continue wrapping with floss.
- When you reach the other end of the headband with your floss, tack it in place with hot glue.
- Embroidery floss is available near the sewing, knitting and cross-stitch items at your local craft supply or discount department store.
- Use buttons, pony beads, or other jewelry beads to decorate your headband.
- If you plan to use this headband frequently, run some white craft glue around the bottom ends of the headband, across the floss, and let dry completely. This will hold the floss in place even more securely.