By: Amanda Formaro
Age: 7 and up
This colorful chalkboard and clipboard combination is perfect way to set up a child's homework center for his/her desk!
What you'll need:
- Wooden chalkboard
- Yellow paint
- School themed scrapbook paper
- 3 wooden clothespins
- White craft glue
How to make it:
- Paint the frame of the chalkboard yellow and set aside to dry. (See photo.)
- Cut scrapbook paper to fit on the clothespins and glue in place. (See photo.)
- Glue the clothespins to the bottom section of the chalkboard frame. (See photo.)
- Decorate the top of the frame with school themed shapes cut from the scrapbook paper. (See photo.)
- Look for themed scrapbook paper at your local craft supply store.
- Chalk can be purchased from discount department stores and dollar stores.
- While you can purchase wooden clothespins at the craft store, it's less expensive to get them in the laundry aisle of discount department stores. You can get them at dollar stores, but sometimes they fall apart easily.