Hula Dancer Costume
Parental supervision is recommended
Craft a kid's costume that works for Halloween, a school play or even a luau with this hula dancer costume.
What you'll need:
- Old half slip (ask your mother first)
- Crepe paper strips in different colors
- Lei (see tips below)
- Hawaiian top or tank top bathing suit (with appropriate designs)
How to make it:
- Get crepe paper of different colors, cut out lots and lots of strips.
- Staple the strips around the tops edge of the slip, making sure there are no big blank spaces.
- Wear a Hawaiian lei, Hawaiian top or tank top bathing suit to complete the outfit.
Try to find a lei from a thrift shop, dollar store or ask your friends, or the girls' department at the toy store may have some. You may also be able to find a lei at a paper supply store (such as Paper Warehouse).