I Love You Button Cover
This is an easy project that would make a nice little gift to add to a Valentines, Mother's Day, or even a Thank You card.
Parental supervision is recommended.
What you'll need:
- Red Fimo or Sculpey clay
- Rolling pin (used only for crafts)
- Wax paper
- Razor blade or craft knife
- Button Cover (sold in fabric stores)
- Heavy duty glue (such as Super Glue)
- Baking sheet
- Use of an oven
- Polyurethane Spray
How to make it:
- Roll the clay out on a sheet of wax paper.
- Cut a hand shape out of clay.
- Bend down the fingers as illustrated in the photo to create the sign language for "I Love You".
- Place on a piece of foil and place on a baking sheet.
- Bake according to manufacturer's instructions. Let cool.
- Put the hand on newspapers, and in a well ventilated area, spray with polyurethane spray. You may wish to use more than one coat, but let dry well between coats.
- Use sandpaper to rough up the surface of the button cover.
- Use a heavy duty glue to adhere the back of the hand to the button cover.
- Give as a gift or wear it yourself.