Parental supervision is recommended
This Jack-O-Candle craft will brighten up your table for Halloween.
What you'll need:
- Fimo or Sculpey in orange
- Fimo or Sculpey in green (need only small piece)
- Rolling pin, thick dowel rod, or thick PVC pipe section
- Craft knife
- Straight edge (ruler or stiff cardboard)
- Cutting surface (stack of newspapers or old piece of smooth board)
- Waxed paper or craft table (not eating surface)
- Votive cup with straight sides
- Votive candle
How to make it:
- Knead orange clay per manufacturer's instructions to make it smooth and pliable.
- Tear off a sheet of waxed paper and lay out on craft area.
- Roll out orange clay on waxed paper until thin. Check size needed for height and diameter of votive.
- Place waxed paper with clay on cutting surface.
- Using straight edge and craft knife, cut top and bottom edges to fit votive cup.
- Use craft knife to cut Jack-O-Candle's face out.
- Carefully pick up clay and lay over the votive cup, smoothing as you go.
- Use craft knife to trim side edges to fit votive cup.
- Repeat steps 1-4 using the green clay.
- Using craft knife, cut out leaf. Use the craft knife to lightly cut the veins in the leaf.
- Press lightly into place on the orange clay.
- Bake according to manufacturer instructions. Let cool.
- Place votive candle inside.