Jack-O'-Lantern Antenna Ball
Parental supervision is recommended
An easy craft to build and paint, this Jack-O'-Lantern antenna ball is a spooky, fun project for kids to get into the Halloween spirit.
What you'll need:
- Nerf ballistic ball
- Orange acrylic paint
- Black "Painters" paint marker
- Yellow "Painters" paint marker
- Jar (baby food or short jar)
- Sharp scissors
- Tan or brown craft foam (tiny scrap)
- Green craft foam (tiny scrap)
- Hot glue gun
How to make it:
- Stick a pen up inside the ballistic ball. This will help you hold on to the ball while you are painting and will leave a hole where you can put the ball on your car antenna.
- Paint the ballistic ball with the orange paint.
- Allow the ball to dry. If you set the pen with the ball on it in a jar, it will dry without smudging.
- Use the pencil to sketch the Jack-O'-Lantern design on the ball. Draw a design on opposite sides of the ball.
- Use the black paint marker to draw the outlines on the ball. Let dry.
- Use the yellow paint marker to color in the drawn areas on the ball. Let dry.
- Use the scissors to snip a hole in the top of the Jack-O'-Lantern.
- Cut a small stem out of tan or brown craft foam.
- Cut a small leaf out of green craft foam.
- Put some hot glue into the opening of the antenna ball top.
- Use the toothpick to push the stem and leaf into the ball.
- Remove the pen and put on your car antenna. Note: You may need to make the hole larger.