Jelly Bean Necklace
By: Tania Cowling
Age: 4 and up
Parental supervision is recommended
Young children enjoy making and wearing this fun jelly bean necklace craft from construction paper.
What you'll need:
- Colored construction paper
- Hole punch
How to make it:
- Cut out a variety of paper jelly beans from colored construction paper.
- Use a hole punch to make a hole in the center of each bean.
- Cut plastic straws into pieces about one-half to one inch in length.
- Take a length of yarn (enough to easily fit over your child's head) and show your child how to string his necklace using the paper beans as necklace beads and the straw pieces as spacers.
- Wrap a piece of tape around one end of the yarn to make a pretend needle (this will make it easier to thread the pieces).
- Finally, tie the ends together. Now count the jelly beans in your child's necklace. (This is also a great activity for honing your child's fine motor skills.)