Jeweled Stapler Holder
By: Amanda Formaro
Age: 6 and up
Whether this is for your favorite teacher or even for your mom, this jeweled stapler is a great way for kids to make a pretty and functional desk accessory for someone special.
Visit our Graduation Day page for more celebratory ideas.
What you'll need:
- 7 jumbo craft sticks
- 18 miniature craft sticks
- White craft glue
- Instant grab glue
- Craft jewels
- Miniature stapler
How to make it:
- Working on a well covered work surface, glue three of the jumbo craft sticks together, side-by-side. This will be the bottom of the box. (See photo.)
- For the sides of the box, glue two jumbo sticks together side-by-side, and then glue the remaining two together. (See photo.)
- For the back of the box, glue 3 of the miniature craft sticks together, side by side. Allow all to dry completely.
- To attach the sides of the box to the bottom of the box, use instant grab glue. (See photo.) You can use white craft glue, but you will need to hold everything together for a much longer period of time while the glue begins to set. Attach the back of the box after attaching the sides. Let dry. (See photo.)
- When dry, cover the box, sides and back, with craft jewels using white craft glue. (See photo.) Let dry for about half an hour, long enough that the jewels no longer slide around.
- Turn box over and glue the remaining miniature craft sticks to the bottom for added stability. (See photo.)
- Craft sticks are available in several sizes at discount department stores and craft supply stores.
- Craft jewels can be purchased in a variety of sizes and shapes and come in big bulk bags or small packages.
- You can find miniature staplers at discount department stores as well as office supply stores.