Jeweled Votive Candleholder
Difficulty: Very Easy
Parental supervision is recommended
Craft a holiday gem with this jeweled votive candleholder. Kids love bejewelling the baby food jar to make this treasured craft.
What you'll need:
- Baby food jar
- Glitter glue in different colors
- Oval jewels (flat on back side)
- White glue, like Elmer's
- Ribbon, optional
How to make it:
- Put a puddle of glitter glue on jar. Push a jewel into puddle.
- Repeat using different colors of glitter glue to attach jewels.
- Let dry.
- Using a paintbrush, brush glue to cover the jar sides from right below the jar threads and around the jewels.
- Sprinkle with glitter. Let dry.
- Tie ribbon around the jar threads if desired.
- Insert a votive candle and display or give as a gift.
See also: Make Your Own Gift Bags for creative ways to give this as a gift. Use Christmas wrapping paper, or butcher paper and rubber stamp Christmas designs on it.