Jingle Bell Snowman
By: Amanda Formaro
Age: 8 and up
Parental supervision is recommended
No need to wait until it's snowing – kids can make a mini snowman anytime they want with this adorable jingle bell snowman. It's a fun challenge that yields great results.
What you'll need:
- 3 large jingle bells
- 24" craft wire
- Acrylic craft paint: white, orange, black
- 2 small red pom poms
- 2" piece of thin red ribbon
- 6" medium silver ribbon
- 2 green sequins
- White craft glue
- Clear acrylic sealer spray
How to make it:
- Insert craft wire into the bottom of one of the jingle bells and thread it through the top. Run the wire back down through the top and out the bottom, leaving enough wire at the top of the bell to twist into a loop for hanging (see image).
- Take the two ends of wire that are sticking out the bottom of the bell and thread them through a second bell, then through the third bell.
- Pull up the ends of the wire from the third bell and bring them upward (see image), then wrap them around the top of the third bell to secure everything. Trim extra wire and wrap excess until no longer sticking out (see image).
- Paint the bells with one coat of white and let dry. Carefully add another coat. Because of the bells' surface, the paint can easily peel, so use gently strokes of the brush (see image).
- Use a toothpick dipped in orange paint to add a carrot nose (see image). Dip toothpick in black to paint on eyes and mouth.
- Place the red ribbon across the top of the "head," making sure the ends reach the middle of the bell on either side, then glue in place. Use scissors to flatten one side of each pom-pom (see image). Glue flat side of pom-pom to the end of the red ribbon to create the earmuffs.
- Tie silver ribbon around the snowman's "neck."
- Glue two green sequins to the middle bell for buttons.
- In a well-ventilated area, spray the snowman with sealer and let dry.
- Don't panic if the sealer spray reduces the look of your painted surface. This adds to his rustic charm!
- Instead of ribbon for the scarf, felt makes a great alternative.
- Jingle bells can be found is several different sizes and colors at your local craft supply store.