Jingle Bell Wreath
By: Amanda Formaro
Difficulty: Very Easy
Age: 4 and up
Parental supervision is recommended
Do you hear those sleigh bells jingling? This sparkling jingle bell wreath looks very elegant, but the techniques used to make it are as easy as can be.
What you'll need:
- Craft wire, 16 gauge is best
- 50-60 12-mm jingle bells (we used 52)
- 12" medium ribbon
- 6" thin ribbon
- Wire cutter
How to make it:
- To bend the craft wire into a half circle, wrap it around a jar or drinking cup. Bend one end of the wire into a loop by twisting the wire around itself (see image).
- String as many bells onto the wire as you can from the end that is not looped (see image).
- Poke the straight end of the wire through the looped end and twist several times to join together, creating the wreath (see image).
- Wrap wide ribbon around the joined wire to hide it. Tie ribbon into a bow and trim the excess (see image).
- Tie a piece of thin ribbon around the top of the wreath as the hanger.
- Craft wire is available at your local craft supply store.
- Jingle bells come In a variety of sizes. We used small bells for this wreath, the package will indicate sizes in MM. Ours were 12 mm and came 64 to a package.
- Little ones can get very involved in this project by stringing the bells onto the wire.