Jingle Bells Ornament
Difficulty: Very Easy
Parental supervision is recommended
String some bells, tie a bow and sing some carols! This kids' holiday craft can hang on the tree, or make Christmas music.
What you'll need:
- Red chenille stem
- Wire cutters
- Jingle bells (5 or more)
- Wide ribbon (wire style optional)
- Thin wire
How to make it:
- Cut chenille stem in half using the wire cutters.
- Put the jingle bells on the chenille stem.
- Twist the ends of the chenille stem together to form a circle.
- Cut the ribbon to desired length. Tie in a bow.
- Cut a piece of the thin wire with wire cutters.
- Twist the wire around the bow and chenille stem to attach. Cut off excess wire.
- Hang on tree or use in Christmas program for the children to ring!
This could also be used as a package "tie-on" so that it disguises any sounds that the contents might make if shaken.
If using this project for children to hold, tie the bow directly on the chenille stem. This way little fingers won't get cut by the thin wire.
See also: Ornament tags to label with name and date created. Use the Christmas decorative punches for the tags.