Juice Box Mummy
By: Amanda Formaro
Difficulty: Very Easy
Age: 5 and up
Don't throw out those empty juice box containers! Make a slew of these super easy mummies to celebrate Halloween.
Be sure to visit all of our other ghostly crafts, scary printables, fabulous costume ideas and these spook-tackular Halloween recipes! As well, explore our fall crafts, our great fall recipes and printable activities.
What you'll need:
- Empty cardboard juice box container
- 2 tablespoons rice
- Fold top sandwich bag
- Black and white construction paper
- Glue stick
- 2 medium wiggle eyes
- White craft glue
How to make it:
- Cut open the top of the juice box container, rinse and dry thoroughly. (See photo.)
- Place rice inside sandwich bag. Roll up the bag and secure with tape. Place bag of rice inside juice box and tape the top closed.
- Cut a piece of black construction paper, large enough to cover the top half of the front of the juice box. Glue it in place. (See photo.)
- Tear white construction paper into strips and glue them around the box, leaving a small section of the black paper visible for the eyes. (See photo.)
- Use white craft glue to attach two wiggle eyes to the black paper. (See photo.)
- Instead of rice, use sand or pebbles, enough to add some weight to the box so that it does not fall over.
- Construction paper is available in large packages at your local discount department store.
- A glue stick works better than white craft glue for a smooth, flat finish.