Jute and Jingle Bell Decoration
By: Amanda Formaro
Difficulty: Very Easy
Age: 6 and up
This jute and jingle bell decoration is cute and so easy! Just thread on the jingle bells and you have an instant ornament for the tree or your door.
What you'll need:
- 18" of jute or hemp twine, cut into 3 equal pieces
- 12" of jute or hemp twine (in addition to above)
- Jingle bells in various sizes and colors
- 6" red ribbon
How to make it:
- Gather the three equal pieces of jute twine together by tying them together with a knot at one end (see image). Thread some jingle bells onto each one of the strings. Tie a knot after two or three bells to keep them from sliding down (see image). Add as many as you like, just be careful it doesn't get too heavy.
- Tie off the ends of each string and trim (see image).
- Take the 12" piece of jute and tie it in a knot around the top of your ornament
- Tie the 12" piece into a large bow and then double knot the bow, just like when tying your shoes (see image).
- Tie a piece of red ribbon around the bottom of the jute bow. Tie other end of ribbon together to create hanger. Trim ends.
- Jingle bells are available at discount department stores and craft supply stores.
- Jute and hemp twine can be found in the jewelry section of the craft store.
- For small children, allow them to thread on the larger jingle bells as they have larger holes to poke the string through.