Kids' Bird Feeder
Difficulty: Very Easy
Parental supervision is recommended
This birdseed and peanut butter bird feeder is a treat for kids as well as the birds. Introduce your kids to nature with this simple craft.
What you'll need:
- Slice of white bread
- Cookie cutter
- Peanut Butter
- Knife to spread peanut butter (plastic is fine!)
- Bird seed on a plate
How to make it:
- Take the cookie cutter and punch a nice shape out of the white bread.
- You can save the scraps for breadcrumbs or make ones with the center cut out.
- Punch a hole into it for yarn to hang, thread the yarn through.
- Let the white bread shapes sit out for a day or two so that they become firm. This will make it easier to spread the peanut butter.
- Spread peanut butter on the bread, then turn over and push into bird
seed. You can turn it over and put peanut butter and seed on the other
side, too, if you wish.
- Hang outside on a tree for the birds to eat.