Kids Books on Tape
Difficulty: Very Easy
Parental supervision is recommended
Personalize your child's favorite book by recording it yourself! A great gift for parents or grandparents to make for their kids.
What you'll need:
- Cassette recorder
- Blank cassette
- Your child's favorite book or books
How to make it:
- Check the batteries in the cassette recorder to be sure they are fresh.
- Sit down in a quiet room, away from phones or TV.
- Insert the cassette, then press record.
- Start by reading the book, beginning with the title of the book, the author and the illustrator's name.
- Read slowly and speak loudly into the microphone.
- Be sure to tell the child when to turn the page.
- Remember to say The End.
- If you record a second book, be sure to tell the child to open the other book.
- Be sure to label the cassette with the names of the books.
Be sure to relax and have fun with this. Your child will love hearing your voice reading him or her their favorite books.
This activity would be great for grandparents that live far away. They can read a few books on the tape, then mail a package to the child with the books and the tape enclosed! What a treasure for the child to enjoy.
See Also: Videotape a Book!