Parental supervision is recommended
Share your magical jelly beans and other treats with these Kids' Goblets made from recycled pop bottles. A great addition to a Harry Potter party.
What you'll need:
- Plastic .5 Liter bottle (16.9 fl. Oz./500 mL)
- Sharp scissors
- Tacky glue
- Jelly Belly jelly beans in a variety of flavors, mixed
- Dish towel
How to make it:
- Remove label, wash, and rinse bottle. Discard cap.
- Using sharp scissors, puncture, then cut right below where label had resided on bottle. Cut all the way around. Be sure to cut smooth to prevent any burrs or sharp places. The upper part will become the upper part of the goblet.
- Dry out the inside of the bottle using dish towel.
- Look at the bottom part of the bottle. There should be an indention (line) going around the bottle close to the base. Cut on this line. Be sure to cut smooth to prevent any burrs or sharp places. This base will become the base of the goblet.
- Run a thick bead of tacky glue around the top of the bottle (smallest opening).
- Invert the top of the bottle into the middle of the (inside) of the base). It should have the shape of a goblet. (see photo)
- Let dry.
- For parties: Make several then fill with the jelly beans and place around the party table for treats for the guests.