Kids Traveling Word Game
Parental supervision is recommended
Traveling can be fun with this easy-to-make magnetic Kids Travel Word Game. Great for kids learning to read.
What you'll need:
- Metal lunchbox or metal box with lid
- Labelmaker (we use the Brother P-Touch)
- Old magnets or magnetic sheets
How to make it:
- Make several beginnings and endings of easy words on the labelmaker.
For beginnings, you can use just single letters. Here are some examples of
- Place the labels on the old magnets or magnetic sheets.
- Cut out around the word beginnings and endings.
- Place the words inside the lunchbox or metal box.
- This makes a great activity for your beginning reader.
This project can be adapted and changed easily as your child learns new words and concepts. This easy to carry, store, and play is ideal for "words on the road".
You can also use sticker paper and print out on the sticker paper using your printer. Stick on old flat magnets (like you would pick up at home remodeling shows), and cut around the words. We found the labelmaker sticks better in comparison.