Kissed Blarney Stone
By: Amanda Formaro
Age: 7 and up
Legend says that anyone who kisses the Blarney Stone of Ireland will be blessed with eloquence. Make your own kissed Blarney Stone to celebrate St. Patrick's Day!
What you'll need:
- White and green acrylic paint
- Sponge applicator
- Gold paint pen
- White glitter glue
How to make it:
- Using sponge applicator or large paint brush, paint the rock white. Let dry. (See photo.)
- Print lips patterns and cut out. Trace around the lips lightly with a pencil onto the rock. (See photo.)
- Paint the lips green and let dry.
- Outline the lips with gold paint pen.
- Use gold paint pen to add other decorations to the rock such as swirled lines and circles. (See photo.)
- Cover the entire rock with glitter glue and let dry. (See photo.)
- Green glitter glue can be used on the lips.
- Paint pens are available from discount department stores and craft supply stores.
- The color green is associated with St. Patrick's Day because it is the color of spring, Ireland, and shamrocks.