Kwanzaa Gift Can
Parental supervision is recommended
A Kwanzaa Gift craft for kids made out of a recycled can and specially painted for Kwanzaa.
What you'll need:
- Food can, any size; washed and dried
- Dark green craft paint
- Craft paint in various colors, optional
- "Painters" paint markers in red, yellow, gold or any color desired
- Tissue paper
How to make it:
- Paint the can with dark green paint. Let dry.
- Paint another coat of dark green paint, if needed, and let dry.
- Use the paint markers to write the principals of Kwanzaa on it, or draw pictures, or anything you would like. Paint harvest pictures, write on the principles of Kwanzaa, or just splashes of color to make this a unique gift can. You could even add your own message, such as "To: Mom From: Sam". Let dry.
- Add a gift and tissue paper.
- If desired, add a gift tag.
If desired, you can add a handle to the can. Use a hammer and a nail to punch a hole in the can near the top. Repeat on the opposite side of the can. This makes the hole for the chenille stem (handle) to go through. This activity should be monitored closely by adults.