Parental supervision is recommended
Learn to crochet with this Lace pincushion. Even if you've never crocheted before, this craft project will have a nostalgic charm when it's complete (and you can use it to keep pins in).
What you'll need:
- 4-ply Worsted weight yarn (color of choice)
- Size "J" crochet hook
- Small flowers and ribbon (beads, pearls, etc. of choice)
- Approximately 12 inches of gathering lace (lace that is gathered a little)
- Yarn needle
- Hot glue gun
How to make it:
- Crochet a long strip --
Start: Ch 165.
ROW 1: Sc in 2nd ch from hook, sc in each st across row, ch, 1 turn.
ROWS 2,3, & 4: Sc in each st across row, ch 1 turn. At the end of row 4 leave approximately 30 inches of yarn, cut off, pull through last loop worked so that it doesn't unravel.
- Starting at one end wind in circle, keeping the outer edges even. When it is completely rolled up, stitch end row down.
- With the 30 inches of remaining yarn, stitch from outer edge to inner circle, catching all of the rows securely. Working up to center, pull yarn up carefully between rows, turn, working down through the rows to outer edge. (You have to be careful you don't pull the yarn too tight when you're stitching back and forth. If you pull too tight, it will leave dents on the outer edge.)
- Place gathering lace around outside of pincushion. Tack around top. Glue small bows evenly around, add small flower (beads) of choice.
- If you want to hang it near your sewing area, just ch a few stitches and tack it to the back of the pincushion. It is ready to hang up and a pretty little decoration.